They were sleeping peacefully – A Carbon Monoxide story

They were sleeping peacefully – A Carbon Monoxide story

A number of years ago, I was woken by a strange beeping noise, being only half awake, I wandered throughout the house searching for the sound, when it finally dawned on me – it was our Carbon Monoxide Detector. I immediately dialed our gas company (first mistake) and they told me to open all the windows to air the house out and then call the Fire Department. I dialed 911, and reported that our Carbon Monoxide Detector was beeping. Immediately I was asked if there was anyone else in the house? It was the middle of the night, my husband was at work, I was not fully awake thus not thinking properly, because I responded with yes, my children and told him “they were in their beds sleeping peacefully”

Read the rest of the post at it's original source by clicking here.

This post was recommended and added to Love All Blogs by AlwaysARedhead

Take two pumpkins {carve it, puree it, deseed it, bake it}

Halloween Candy Melt Spoons