The lovely folks at Walt Disney World are celebrating family dining along with the diversity of food on offer at the Walt Disney World restaurants with a smashing giveaway on Love All Blogs, giving you the chance to win a Walt Disney World Home Cooking Kit. Shown above, the kit contains: An apron, oven glove and pot mat, salt and pepper shakers, tongs, timer, measuring spoons, cookie cutters, two mixing bowls and two tea towels.
Walt Disney World is looking to put the magic back in to mealtimes and offer families an adventurous experience when dining in their parks - meaning the fun doesn't end in their parks! Currently there are 100 different restaurants located across all 6 Disney parks in Walt Disney World Florida, meaning there's something to suit everyones taste, mood, occasion and budget.
To enter the giveaway please use the simple Rafflecopter widget below, beneath the widget you can also find a recipe for Apple Caramel Pie, from The Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. If you would like to experience Walt Disney World Florida's food offering first hand, you can currently dine for free if booking a trip before 5th November 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway Apple-Caramel Pie Recipe
Crust 65g all-purpose flour 400g package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Coat the bottom and inside of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. At medium-low speed, beat the flour and the dough until combined. Press sugar cookie dough onto sides and bottom of pan, creating a ¼ inch thick crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
1kg Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into ½-inch thick slices 85g cup granulated sugar 100g all-purpose flour ¾ tablespoon chopped candied ginger ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon 170g caramel topping
- Toss the apples with sugar, flour, ginger, and cinnamon. Spoon into pan.
- Sprinkle with caramel.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
280g all-purpose flour 85g granulated sugar 85g dark brown sugar, packed 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon 170g melted butter or margarine 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract 75g confectioners’ sugar
- While pie is baking, in a mixing bowl at low speed, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Increase speed to medium; gradually add butter and vanilla, beating until wet crumbs form.
- Remove pie from oven and uncover.
- Using your hands, press tablespoons of the crumb mixture together to form large crumbs.
- Place over filling, covering the entire surface.
- Cover exposed edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack and remove sides from the pan.
- Stir together the confectioners’ sugar with enough water to make “icing.” Transfer to a plastic food storage bag, snip one corner and drizzle over crumbs.
- Sprinkle a little bit of Walt Disney World magic to complete.
Giveaways Terms & Conditions: Start date is 12am, 29th September 2013 and the closing date is 12am, 13th October 2013. The winner will be chosen at random by the random winner generator on Rafflecopter and notified within 5 working days by email. The winner will need to provide a name and postal address, which will be passed to Walt Disney World for the kit to be posted to. Walt Disney World will arrange delivery. If the winner does not respond with a postal address within 14 days of contact the giveaway will be re-drawn and the prize re-allocated. The winner must have fulfilled the mandatory requirement. The prize is not transferable. There is no monetary alternative and Love All Blogs is responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. UK entry only we’re afraid.
Disclosure: No compensation was received for running this giveaway.