We moved into the project in July. We knew what we were getting ourselves into, and we knew there would be surprises along the way. This house is one of the three oldest houses in our town. It is thought to have been built in the 1830’s and was here before our town was incorporated, and before the railway arrived! It was built by a Captain Apthorp, and gossip suggests that he built it for himself and his fiancé before discovering that his fiancé preferred his brother… He gave them the house and built another at the top of the rocks that surround our property, and looked down on them from above. Whether or not this is true, it is an historically significant property and we are mindful of that as we begin work to refurbish and restore it.